This is a local internship on-site in Moscow, Idaho. Candidates must be local or willing to relocate.
Intern in Engineering is an introductory role that allows learners to experience work as a software developer. Interns are responsible for learning basic engineering skills while embedded on a team performing some amount of normal sprint work. Learning to write code that follows standards, learning from reviewing teammates’ code, testing features with supervision, and deploying changes with supervision are all expected in the day-to-day work of an intern. Interns are seasonal and typically are half time during the school year and full time during summers.Primary Responsibilities:
- Focused on learning the basics of engineering and programming.
- Learning how to write effective code.
- Capable of completing well-defined tasks within issues.
- Demonstrates ability to work in a team environment.
- Learns well from feedback and responds graciously.
- Adhere to Company’s core values.
Experience and Education:
- Working knowledge of the basics of programming.
- Confident in at least one programming language with the ability to read the logical flow of other languages.
- Has a solid grasp of the fundamental components of a full stack web application.
- Knowledge of HTML / CSS.
- Familiarity with a server-side language (e.g. Node, Python, PHP).
- Familiarity with database concepts
Lightcast is a global leader in labor market insights with headquarters in Moscow (ID) and Boston (MA) and offices in the United Kingdom, Europe, and India. We work with partners across six continents to help drive economic prosperity and mobility by providing the insights needed to build and develop our people, our institutions and companies, and our communities.
Lightcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Lightcast has always been, and always will be, committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. We seek dynamic professionals from all backgrounds to join our teams, and we encourage our employees to bring their authentic, original, and best selves to work.